Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Game

So i was watching one of my favorite YouTuber's today (The Vlogbrothers - check them out if you dont already know them!) and his video seemed very relevant to how I have been trying to remember to think about things recently.
He was talking about how "The only way to win "the game" is to not know that you are playing it" and "once you know that you are playing it, you have already lost". 
Basically, it's an interesting concept that has a lot to do with (and he says this) the Buddhist idea that "All desire leads to loss". Like you can't LOSE anything if you don't desire it in the first place.
Hank was more concretely referring, I think, to some dumb mind game that little kids are into, but "the game" is pretty much a metaphor for life.

Click here to watch Hank's video!

Anyway, on from that. 
I've been having a really rough time lately. I've just been feeling really lonely and aimless. My food has been fine, and I am proud of myself in that I really seem to have a tight grip on this whole "not fucking with my food" kinda concept, and i guess it's pretty great. The problem is that my head is still kinda crazy and i still feel kinda awful but i'm hoping i'll be more distracted soon once i start my summer Intro to Sociology class up at Fordham! :)
I really need to be a therapist. The only thing that made me feel at ALL better today was trying to help and support my friend over the phone. I'm so excited that i've found what I want to do with my life. It's all I ever want to think about. MMMMMM. :)
Going to copy Kim (one of my favorite Bloggers) and try to do gratitudes at the end of my posts ;)
1) I had the most delicious Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream tonight with my family tonight. I am so grateful that I can enjoy things like that now. 
2) My friend Kristin called me!
3) My family was incredible today, I love them all so much.

Goodnight!
xxx
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment