Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rambling Tuesday

I just registered for the NYC NEDA walk!
Thought i'd just share that little tidbit of information.
Not that i'm super excited about it or anything, but I do think it's a good thing to do to show my support, and it's not like I have any other pressing plans at ten am on a saturday morning (besides sleeping, which, trust me- i do enough of!) so I figured  i'd fork out twenty bucks and say Hi to some old friends.


I was talking with my dietitian today (well, mostly, she was talking...) about how i should really find something I'm interested in and get into it, so i have something aside from school to keep me interested. I really would love to be more directly involved in advocacy work, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it. Any brilliant ideas? I mean I know for sure that I'm going to go into the Psych field, and i'll most likely do some work in eating disorders, consider that I AM passionate about the subject- however, I'm not sure that anybody is really interested in what a seventeen year old former bulimic high school junior has to say about anything....so it's a little discouraging.
Anyway- Day # 2 was a huge improvement. This is good news because I think it would be pretty hard NOT to be better than day number one (unless, ya know...someone maybe put a "Kick Me" sign on my back or maybe I accidentally forgot to wear pants- but no worries ,that didn't happen- yet)
Maybe tomorrow will be a little bit better? I hope so. I just want friends! Is that so much for a girl to ask for? :)
Love you all, and hope everyone had a lovely day! (P.S. if you're in the NYC area you should totally come to the walk in October- I'd love to meet other bloggers!)
xoxo
Rose

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could come to the walk ha ha. Just out of my area though, right ;)
    I'm glad yesterday was better than Monday!
    Give it time and you'll make some great friends, just keep telling yourself that you are a great person and a good friend, so there isn't a reason why people should avoid you!
    Lots of love! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the NEDA walk! I may be able to fly up for the Williamsburg, VA one (I have friends there), but NYC is a bit out-of-the-way. ;)

    I hope that you're days get better! You're bound to make some fabulous friends. You're too sweet and amazing not to make friends! I know people will be drawn to you once they get to know you better.

    Stay strong, beautiful! We're here for you too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl. thank you so much for your response to my blog. i sent you an email assuming i got your address right lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could come to the walk ha ha. Just out of my area though, right ;)
    I'm glad yesterday was better than Monday!
    Give it time and you'll make some great friends, just keep telling yourself that you are a great person and a good friend, so there isn't a reason why people should avoid you!
    Lots of love! x

    ReplyDelete